GROUP STUDY EXCHANGE OUTBOUND
Rotary District 5960 is opening the applications for Group Study Exchange (GSE) team members (non-Rotarian) and team leaders (Rotarian) immediately for an exchange to Northern Australia (District 9550 from April 14, 2017-May 20, 2017. Applications are open for Team Leader (Rotarian) and Team Member (non-Rotarian) positions and should be sent to your local Rotary Club by October 21, 2016. The local Rotary Club must sign off on the applications and send them to the District office by November 2, 2016.
Please act today by announcing the opportunity, recruiting qualified candidates by talking with your local businesses about the leadership and business development opportunities to be gained by experiencing Group Study Exchange. Consider asking an employee or club member to apply. Presidents, please be sure to submit the Press Release to your local media!
Some important deadlines and information:
1. Team leaders must be Rotarians (see link below for application, choose Team Leader on left hand menu).
2. Team members must be non-Rotarian business or professional people between the ages of 25-45 years engaged in a recognized business or profession on a full-time basis for at least the past 2 years.
3. Additional qualifications for team members (not team leaders) - Candidates cannot be spouses or lineal descendants of current Rotary members, they must be citizens of the United States of America, and must be sponsored by a club in Rotary D-5960 (St. Paul, southeastern and central MN, parts of western Wisconsin).
4. All candidates must receive permission from their employers to participate in the exchange BEFORE the interview process.
5. District level interviews for both team leaders and members are scheduled on November 5, 2016 at the Northern Star Council Boy Scouts of America in St. Paul. All applicants must be available all day, starting at 9:00 am. (Qualified candidates will be notified several days before of their interview time)
6. The current Club President must sign the completed application.
7. Member applications should be received by the local Rotary Club by October 21, 2016.
8. Signed applications are due from Rotary Clubs on October 28, 2016, to the Rotary District Office, 2233 Hamline Ave No, Ste 620, Roseville MN 55113.
9. Applications are available on-line for download at the following links:
Group Study Exchange Team Leader Application:Click Here
Group Study Exchange Team Member Application: Click Here
Group Study Exchange Flyer: Click Here
Group Study Exchange Handbook: Click Here
Consider getting your Rotary club involved in Group Study Exchange, - not only do the participants describe having a life changing experience, but individual clubs gain exposure of and within a new culture.
For further information contact:
Ken Crabb Rob Howard
D-5960 GSE Co-Chair D-5960 GSE Co-Chair
D-5960 Executive Administrator
651.636.9054 or 800.636-9054
GROUP STUDY EXCHANGE INBOUND
Ever wondered how to answer a question from an international Group Study Exchange team visitor to your home?
click here for GSE Host-team issues
Ever wondered about the logistics of having an international visitor in your home?
click here for GSE How Tos
Ever wondered what activities might interest your international visitor?
click here for GSE Suggested Activities