Fall 2014- January 2015
- Publicize Global Grant availability through local media and area colleges. (See press release.)
March 20, 2015
Club deadline for 2016/17 Global Grant Scholar application review and support. There is no longer a limit on how many a club can submit to the district, please consider sharing with neighboring clubs if you have more. Club signature is not due until later in the process.
April 24, 2015
- District deadline. Applicants should forward complete applications electronically to Ed Jones, Jr. .firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Applications will be distributed electronically via email.
- Review committee members complete the short-list of candidates to be invited to interview.
April 24-May 1, 2015
- Finalist candidates are notified and given directions to the interview site, which will be in the Twin Cities metro area on May 9, 2015.
May 9, 2015
- Scholar candidate interviews from approximately 8:30 am – 4 pm.
- Applicants must be available on this date for interviews--exceptions will not be considered.
- DGE connects with Host district DGE for preliminary acceptance of the scholar.
- Complete proposal on the RI website.
- Requires Host Club authorization, Student essays, budget, etc.
December 2015/January 2016
- Student applies to universities
- When university acceptance is received, the RI application must be completed - one for the student and one for the scholarship chair online
- Orientation by district
- Funding released
- travel planning
- Scholar departs
- Applicants must currently live, work, or study in District 5960, and may not be Rotarians or members of their immediate families. Rotaractors are eligible to apply. A full description of qualifications can be found in the Global Grant Scholarship information letter at http://www.rotary5960.org/showDoc.cfm?pMenuTop=87&pObject=434.
- Call or e-mail Ed Jones, Jr., 651-275-3700.